MLB - Today's Baseball Scoreboard

Friday, March 12, 2010

Bucky "Bleeping" Dent!


"Deep to left! Yastrzemski will not get it! It's a home run! A three-run homer by Bucky Dent! And the Yankees now lead by a score of 3-2!" - New York Yankees announcer Bill White (October 2, 1978).

Russell Earl O'Dey aka Bucky Dent had just hit a dramatic home run in what was to become one of the great moments in baseball and one that added more fuel to the fire to the Yankees/Red Sox rivalry. This particular card has special meaning to me even though I am not a Yankees fan. It is the very first ever autographed card I ever pulled. A 1999 Upper Deck Century Legends Epic Signatures card. I was so very happy when I pulled this card, finally something cool I felt like a kid on Christmas morning. That was many years ago, but I remember that moment like it was yesterday. One of the many reasons that I love this hobby and that I love the game of baseball.

4 comments:

  1. Good luck with the new blog!
    Keith

    backinpacks.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome to the blogging world!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice. You always remember those first kinds of pulls, huh? That set is outstanding.

    ReplyDelete