MLB - Today's Baseball Scoreboard

Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Baby steps....

Hello everyone, this is my first sports cards blog, so we shall see how it all turns out. Well I first I would like to introduce myself, my name is Eli, I began collecting cards as a kid back in Texas, mostly baseball and football at that time. I am a Cubs fan, but I also follow the Houston Astros, San Francisco Giants, Dallas Cowboys and have an immense passion for college football. I collected on and off over the years, but then I stopped completely. Then I got back into it in the 80's and tried to collect everything and anything, every sport, every brand, you name it, I probably tried to collect it. I think that many collectors at that time were doing the same. A set of these cards, a set of those cards, too many different sets out at that time, huge sets, it was difficult trying to complete them all, so I gave it up on collecting once again.
After sometime away from the hobby, I jumped back in. But this time, I decided to concentrate on collecting my favorite players instead, it was more relaxing and something that my wife and I enjoying doing together. My current player collections are of Ryne Sandberg and Ivan Rodriguez in baseball and David Carr in football. I do plan on adding more players to my collection, but at this time, I'm not sure on who it will be. I still do not collect sets and do not buy boxes of one brand or another, I am more of a pack rat so to speak. I prefer to buy packs new and old of different brands and seeing what cards I get in each one. I find it more fun that way. I am not doing this for the money, but for the joy the hobby brings.
As far as this blog goes, I want to use it as a means of connecting with other sports cards collectors and as a platform to begin trading cards with them. I just recently completed organizing my cards to make it easier to search for players. I think that I can still tweak it a bit more to make it easier, but for now it works as is.
I have read many of the sports cards blogs out there, but there are a few outstanding one's that I truly enjoying reading and go back to each and every day. Many of those were the itch that got me going again in collecting and in starting this blog. So I hope to get to know you and trade with you and most of all make new friends in the process. Well until then, take care, keep collecting,

Eli

1 comment: